The service area includes Virginia (VA), North Carolina (NC), South Carolina (SC), and Maryland (MD). Jewett is capable of machining parts up to 80" long to precision tolerances on its vertical machining centers. Horizontal CNC milling can be done on parts a large as a 40" cube. Four axis CNC milling is a specialty. Jewett has extensive experience machining iron castings, aluminum castings, and bronze castings to exacting tolerances. A wide variety of custom milled parts including, aerospace, medical, automotive, and OEM are machined in both high and low volumes.
Click on image to enlarge
Main body for a hydraulic wrench. CNC machined (milled) from a solid block of aluminum.
Aluminum cast CNC machined (milled) body of an oil pump for marine engines.
15 CNC Machining Centers
Max. Vertical: 86.6" x 33.4"x 29.5" Max. Horizontal: 39.4" x 31.5" x 31.5"
Fourth Axis Capabilities
With machines ranging from small three axis tool room CNC machines to vertical mills that operate in an 85" X 36" envelop, Jewett is well equipped to handle any vertical machining job. Six of Jewett's vertical machining centers have full four axis cutting capability.
- 1 Takumi V-22A Vertical Machining Center Travel = 86.6" x 33.4" x 29.5"
- 3 HAAS VF-6 Vertical Machining Center Travel = 64" x 32" x 30" w/4th Axis
- 1 HAAS VF-4 Vertical Machining Center Travel = 50" x 20" x 25"
- 1 HAAS VF-9 Vertical Machining Center Travel = 84" x 40" x 30" w/4th Axis
- 2 Makino A-55 Horizontal Machining Center with 4th axis capability. Travel = 22" x 22" x 22"
- 1 Mitsubishi MH60 Horizontal Machining Center with 4th axis capability. Travel = 39.4" x 31.5" x 31.5"
- 1 Mitsubishi M-H50D Horizontal Machining Center Travel = 28.4" x 24.8" x 24.8"
- 1 Mitsubishi M-H5A Horizontal Machining Center with 4th axis capability. Travel = 28.4" x 24.8" x 24.8"
- 1 Makino FNC 74 vertical Machining Center with 4th axis capability. Travel = 27.5" x 17.75" x 17.5"
- 9 Bridgeports with Prototrak or Anilam CNC controls
- 5 Conventional Bridgeports, equipped with digital readout
- 2 Hurco VM1 Vertical Tool Room Mill with 30 tool ATC
- 1 OKK HM500S Horizontal Machining Center With full 4th axis capability and 8 Pallet Pool. Travel = 24.8" x 24.4" x 29.9"
- 1 OKK HM800S Horizontal Machining Center With full 4th axis
- NTMA (National Tooling and Machining Association)
- VMA ( Virginia Manufactures Association)
- Industrial Valves and Fittings
- Industrial Components
- Industrial Pumps
- Industrial Mixing Systems
- Marine and Land Based Recreational Vehicles
- 1 Zeiss Eclipse series model 4064-20/24 CNC coordinate machine 40" x 64" x 24"
- 1 Brown & Sharpe MicroVal PFX w/PC-DMIS software & Renishaw PH9 probe We have a full complement of inspection equipment for in-process and final inspection
- 1 3 CF Sweco vibratory finishing machine
- 2 Trinco dry blast machines, maximum capacity 48" x 48"
- 1 Walk-in spray booth and painting equipment
Our machine tool programming system uses state-of-the-art ESPRIT 3D CAM software and a sophisticated DNC network. Our CAM software is capable of directly importing IGES, STEP, and many native 3D CAD file formats into our CNC programming environment. ESPRIT Post Processing supports all our our CNC machines from 6 axis Swiss Screw machines to 3 and 4 axis horizontal and vertical machining centers.
Jewett Machine has developed sources for related machining services which we do not provide in-house. Through these sources we are able to offer the following services as an integral part of a job:
- Precision EDM Wire Cutting
- Gear Cutting
- Sheet metal Fabrication
- Black Oxide, Anodizing, Chrome, Zinc and other Plating
- Heat Treating
|Shop Floor Control
Jewett Machine employs state-of-the-art MRP Enterprise software "SHOPTECH" from E2 Systems for shop floor control and accounting. The Shoptech system is a fully integrated software environment featuring a FINITE CAPACITY scheduling system, a BAR CODE system for real time shop floor control and reporting, and a fully integrated business and financial system.